Skip to content
- How has your understanding of the topic changed? Need evidence to establish this is true; show how to get from “point A” to “point B”
- I would not say my understanding of the topic has changed but more so evolved. Even though they basically mean the same thing I feel that evolve fits it better. My understanding of the topic has greatly evolved in that I one heard one viewpoint of the main issue: Title IX. I gained this initial viewpoint from the movie “The Hunting Grounds” which expressed Title IX as a way for sexual assualt victims on college campuses to not be silenced about their traumatic experience. Due to this I perceived Title IX as federal law that allowed victims of sexual assualt on college campuses to recieve justice for their attack. However, after conducting research for this class on this topic I discovered that Title IX actually is a federal act that prevents federally funded institutions from discrimination against people on the basis of sex can include sexual harassment, rape, and sexual assault.
- How has your perception of the people involved in the controversy changed?
- My view on Betsy DeVos still remains the same I do not know much about her just that she makes dumb decisions with education and alot of people do not like her, including Georgia State students
- What do you think is the right position in regards to the controversy and why? Has your position changed from the beginning? Why or why not? To what degree?
- I feel that the original version of the Title IX guidance was fine. This new guidance is just putting the victim through more stress. My position has only gotten stronger on this. Although some people feel that original guidance was weak, Betsy could have fixed these issues to improve the guidance.